Saturday, April 21, 2012

Picture Perfect

Hey ladies and gents.. Its been a while. I came across this picture and decided I needed to blog. When I took a look at this I was just reminded of the pressures society puts on women to look a certain way. We are persuaded by our culture to believe that this is what beauty looks like. In Gods word in Psalms 139 He says that He made us that He knows us.
For you (P)formed my inward parts;
    you (Q)knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
(R)Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
Men probably feel the same way with thinking they have to have the ripped abs, and act a certain way. No one is really exempt from an "ideal" beauty or handsomeness. Although it is good to be healthy, this shouldn't take a priority in our lives or make us feel like we are worth any less or any more. The important thing to know is that you are beautiful as you are... and as cliche as that sounds it is true. What we should work at is our inner beauty and focussing on how God views us.

When you first saw this picture what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment