Monday, March 14, 2011

A friend lend me a book called "The Truth Of The Cross" by R. C. Sproul, and this stood out to me from the first 2 chapters..

"Someday I have to stand before my Maker and give an account for every word I've spoken, every deed I've ever done, every thought I ever thought, and every task I've failed to do"

This just basically hit me like a rock.. Am I being a good steward of what the Lord has entrusted to me???

1 Corinthians 4:1


This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God

1 Corinthians 4:2


Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy.

Colossians 3:23


Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.


2 Timothy 2:15


Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.


1 John 3:16-18


By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.



"If people understood that there is a holy God and that sin is an offense against that holy God, they would break down the doors of our churches and ask, "What must I do to be saved?"

1 comment:

  1. This is where the rubber meets the road...If we live our lives (every moment) understanding His greatness and our lack of it...then we will live in humble obedience and gratefulness. He WILL be magnified and others WILL know Him through our life.

    ReplyDelete