Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Singleness



Oh man I am so not an expert at this but here is what I've learned so far. Through continuous prayer God has been teaching me that singleness is a
gift. Yup its a gift and I am not talking about "woohooo I am single let me go crazy.. After all its a gift" NO not at all.. here is why.... In 1 Corinthians 12:4-11
4Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; 5and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; 6and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. 7 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.8For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

The theme here is that God gives us all these gifts and He doesn't give us bad gifts, it is for the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good, He so kindly gives us these gifts so that we would basically lift His name high. God is sovereign and He knows all things and His timing is perfect. I would like you to see that singleness is a Blessing and not a curse.

By no means am I saying its easy to be waiting, and sometimes these thoughts consume me .. "Who am I going to marry?, Will i have kids? and Am I even going to get married??." But honestly you go through the motions so much and you get discouraged while our God through His word is telling us to cast all our anxieties on Him because He cares for us (1 Peter 5:7)... I've basically noticed that it is when I am not in His word, that there it is where I get lost in self-pity. But man God brings me back and I realize ..This life is NOT about me its about Him and advancing His kingdom.. I am here for a blink of an eye, everything here is temporary..

The purpose of marriage is to reflect Christ's love for us, He is the groom and the head, and loves us sacrificially and, we the church are the bride and submit to His authority etc... As i pondered on that i thought HELLO I can soo reflect Christ through my singleness in loving on people and being an example to those God has placed in my life, through submitting to His will that He has made evident to me which is to enjoy this time and do as many things as I can to advance His kingdom.!

Maybe if your reading this your like YEAH God is awesome and He has a plan for me and I just need to calm it down and wait on His provision and see this as what it is a "gift".. I say Amen so do I.. haha. I encourage you to pray and ask God to use you in whatever season of life your in and to give you patience as you wait on Him, that we would not get caught up in our own desires but that we would seek His desires for our lives.

There is this book which i have to give credit to, most of the things I'm writing I learned from this source and its girded towards women.."Did I kiss marriage goodbye" by Carolyn McCully. Don't let the title fool you this book is awesome and its helped me to just Trust God and His plans for my life, whatever they may be.

Our lives are after all to live for Him!


4 comments:

  1. Love the gift box. :-) lol. bUT AMEN TO ALL THAT YOU SAID!. God doesnt ever give"bad"gifts to people.. whether cancer, singleness, ...etc. But remember Gods sovereignty in all of this. We could uplift eachother and support each other. LOL :D even though we might desire to be brides and moms and have kids remember,

    WE ARE always Christs bride! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Yup she is one of my best friends lol :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so VERY encouraged by your words....God is truly awesome & His work is evident in your life! I am blessed by your desire to honor Him & I see that you've discovered the secret to a happy and fulfilled life....no matter what stage of life we're in, or what our marital status...satisfaction is found in His presence.
    "You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11
    I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. work in progress <3 love you too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete