Sunday, July 3, 2011

Nancy Leigh DeMoss: It’s not wrong to ask why.

God is just wanting Job to see that there are so many things that we can’t begin to understand. Don’t try to think that you can understand why this suffering.
Then we come to the great statement of confession and repentance in Job 42, beginning in verse one.
Then Job answered the Lord and said, "I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted." [You said, O God,] "Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?" Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. [You said to me,] "Hear, and I will speak; I will question you, and you make it known to me [Job]" (verses 1-4).
[Then Job says to God,] “I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you; therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes” (verses 5-6).
It’s not wrong to ask why, but are you asking with this turmoil and this drive that says, “God, if You don’t explain it, I won’t love You; I won’t trust You; I won’t obey You”? Or are you asking with this searching heart that says, “God, I want to know more of You. I want to know more of Your ways. I want to know anything You want to show me through this. But if I have to live with mystery and unanswered questions the rest of my life, I will still trust You. I will still love You. I will still obey You.”

Listen to the podcast i truly recommend it. You will be blessed by it.

http://www.reviveourhearts.com/radio/roh/today.php?pid=10892

No comments:

Post a Comment