Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Letter from my 22 year old self to my 16 year old self

Hey Hey Hey...

HAPPY 16th Birthday!!!
Im going to start out this letter on a happy note. You were finally allowed to get highlights!! And not only that, but you've dyed your hair like a gazillion times!! Although our dad was pretty right in telling us not to dye it. Any who, I just wanted to tell you that life is not going to go as you planned it.. Your not going to be this big shot Doctor who has life all figured out. I know you wont listen to me but if you would, you really would have saved us a lot of money and time in college. Id actually rather us do it all over again, because I know that if God wouldn't have taken us through it, then we wouldn't have learned. Yup i know we are hard headed. He will teach you, mold you, and break you and rid you of most of our pride. I know it sounds bad but its actually pretty awesome knowing that He cares for us.

Your most likely going to be a nurse or something in that field, but it wont really matter to you anymore because by now you would have realized that your life is not about a "career" its about showing Christ and living for His glory. Please remember to speak to as many people of Christ in your high school! Dont be ashamed of His gospel! God allowed you to be class president for all four years to be able to minister. Some people will actually remember you for showing Christ.

Oh, Guess what?!?!?!? Your going to learn how to play the guitar and God is actually going to use you in another church called Coral Park in many ministries to glorify His name.. Cool right?!?!?!? Also, appreciate your parents and your grandparents just your whole family everyday as you watch them grow older.

Well I also just wanted to let you in on a little secret that will help you a lot. Stop worrying about life, worrying and thinking and planning isnt going to get you any where.. Literally!!! Because He has big plans for you and He will carry them out! And I guess this part of the letter goes for my 22 year old self as well. Just enjoy life and take things as they come because your God is in control and He will lead the way, open and close doors! Just continue to learn from His word, trust in Him with all your heart and love on people! He will take care of the rest and He will continue molding you into the godly woman He so desires you to be!

I love you!!!

ps. buy a stock in apple, a share in Benihana and in Starbucks!!


 Proof you dyed your hair (And this will be your cute little cousin)



2 comments:

  1. Kani this is awesome!! I cried!! It is so good to see you grow into this wonderful Godly woman, I am very proud of you mi hermanita! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! I pray you continue letting yourself be used for His glory!!! I love you!!

    Zachy

    ReplyDelete