Tuesday, January 10, 2012

READY, SET,GO!!!! Wait no.. STOP!?


I feel like time passes and we don't have a set notion of where we are at times. We forget what day it is, what year it is, what time it is, and we basically live like ants doing are daily routines and getting no where very quickly. It seems to me as if I were stuck in a time warp of races to meaningless finish lines! When we're in school, well we study our brains out in order to pass a test and then the next day we forget 85% of the things learned. When we're working hard for something all we think about is that something and how in the world we will accomplish it and by no means am i discrediting that working hard and setting goals for yourself is a bad idea. But usually by the end of every single thing I'm always left wanting more. 

I just think we should stop and acknowledge the little things in life. The sun rising every single morning, how the sky is painted during our busy days. I feel as if I'm getting lost in translation, lost in the busyness of my days. I know I repeat myself a lot but when you stop and ponder, the only race and goal worth living for daily and the one goal that will never leave us empty and dry is living for Christ. Like a milk carton we all have our expiration date in this world. When we get down to the nit and gritty nothing will give us more satisfaction and fill the void in our hearts like Christ does. My pastor always gives the illustration of a doughnut. 

A doughnut has a very distinct characteristic from most foods in that it has a hole in the middle. If you will, we are just like the doughnut created with an empty void or hole that only Christ can fill.

I would really hope that you guys would sit back and "relax" like my friend says all the time. Opportunities and moments are passing us by, lets enjoy the time we have in this world by living for His glory and doing things to advance His kingdom! Let us not waste our lives immersed in the desires and pleasures of our flesh that leave us wanting more and suck us in like a vortex that ends with a hard slam against the pit floor. Lets live a life that leads others to Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment