Thursday, January 12, 2012

The SYSTEM

Though it is okay for classes like math and english to be part of our curriculum,
we are teaching the new generation that life is all about work, and counting cash. I believe through my experience that when I am taking a class just to learn and not to feel pressured by tests, I do much better because I study for the art of the subject at hand. 

Many countries are so knowledgable on many subjects like art, literature, sculptures, paintings, music, etc like the Europeans. Americans seem to be falling behind. I strongly believe our government to be choosing wrong methods for education. Maybe our government is not to blame entirely for they too were probably raised to finish a race and not for the love of the subject. But I definitely think that they are to blame for running like horses with a noseband and not making a change. And not only is our government to blame but we are to blame ourselves for not speaking up. 

Life is but a momentary lapse and it should be about enjoying the little things as well. There is a balance to life and I strongly believe education should be both core subjects and arts. Perhaps, schools should implement education outside of the 4 walls of a classroom. For example, a science or biology class should be able to step outside and enjoy creation as they explain it, there should be visits to museums etc. I as a student would rather learn something for the beauty of it instead of just simply learning it to pass tests like the SATs or FCAT or a simple college test and then discarding the information from my brain the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment