Monday, May 30, 2011

Desire

So have you ever stopped to wonder... When is God going to give me what I want?!?!?!?! Ive wondered this a few times.. Not in a stomp my foot and pout my mouth kinda way. But in a sincere heart on my sleeve way. I think its something we all come cross and something that we all have to learn how to put our desires away and ask the Lord to show us His desires for our lives.

The truth of the matter is its not about what we want or what we desire or what makes us happy.. Honestly how many times do we hear this? Well the honest truth is that you can put this very exact sentence in different pretty words but at the end of the day the message behind the sentence will be the same one.. Its not about us...

Next time you find yourself wondering When is God going to give me what I want you make sure to get on your knees and thank Him for what you have and pray that His desires for your life will become your desires as well and that you will by His grace act upon what He wants.


1 Chronicles 16:11
Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His face continually.
Psalm 25:9
He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
Psalm 25:12
Who is the man who fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way he should choose.
Psalm 31:3
Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
Psalm 37:4,7
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass ... Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him

1 comment:

  1. Definitely. A woman who fears the LORD. NOt man

    ReplyDelete