Sunday, June 19, 2011

Can you do that?

All you have, remember, is today. You might be dead tomorrow. We could all be raptured. We do not know what a day may bring forth. So it's in this present moment that God is asking you to trust Him. Can you do that until the sun goes down? He is not asking you to trust Him for the next twenty years. He is only giving you today. It is this day and only this day in which you can glorify Him, because the past is gone and the future is not here yet. We don't know what the future holds, but we do know Who holds the future.


-Elisabeth Elliot

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I love Elisabeth Elliot...I heard her speak in person many many years ago at a homeschooling convention.

    Thanks so much for the quote!

    joy & blessings to you,
    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear her in person!! Homeschooling sounds great! and your welcome when, I read it I just had to post it :-) God bless you and your family Alida :-)

    ReplyDelete