Thursday, June 9, 2011

Teaching Teens day 1

Today the LORD gave me the opportunity to teach to some of the 10th-11th grade girls.. It was so awesome to just sit down with them and talk.. I noticed in the beginning they were a little hesitant to find out I was their teacher because their teacher is away for vacation.. As i saw their faces and silent whispers it would have been so easy to get discouraged but the LORD sustained me in that moment. We prayed and began class... One thing you need to learn about teaching youth is the MASSIVE A.D.D they have haha.. But thankfully the conversations all came back to the subject.. I used this sermon to help me prepare a bit to teach them God's word.

http://www.gty.org/Resources/Sermons/41-41_Losing-Your-Life-to-Save-It?q=lose+life+to+gain+it

Just in case you wanted to check that sermon out for yourself.. Its so awesome how when you prepare, God teaches you the lessons so you could teach them.

So where were we... Ah yess A.D.D. the conversation went from how white my legs were to WOW we really have to love people.?? I was so happy when two or three of the girls shared their stories about unlovable people they simply COULD NOT AND WOULD NOT love... As i explained to them what loving means and why we have to love.. They finally understood that the christian faith and walk is more than what they thought it was.. It was great to see their eyes open to a whole new chapter in their lives.. Very blessed to say that after the 45 minutes on talking about denying self, picking up cross, and going on the journey, their faces changed from silent whispers and sided looks to openness, truthfulness and approval.. Although I wouldn't have minded their disapproval, Im thankful that the LORD put favor in their eyes towards me.. I really think that they learned something new today. I pray God would mold them into godly-women.

Please pray for them and for me as the LORD uses me to speak and counsel these young women.

No comments:

Post a Comment