Monday, June 27, 2011

Friday Nights

Im so happy and thankful to the LORD that we even have a young adults group at my church on friday nights. It is a true blessing to fellowship and have accountability with people who love the LORD and want to grow.. Honestly right now as a group we are.. dare i say.. pretty immature in His word.. I know that's a big statement to make but I include myself in it. Which is why I am so grateful to our LORD that we started a new series by John Piper.The title of the cd is "The Blazing Center."

Honestly we just started this series last friday and ive been so blessed by it. One of the quotes that most stuck out to me and just really hit home was when Piper said "God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him" WOW

Sometimes we get so caught up in serving serving serving or preaching preaching preaching His word.. Which by the way is awesome and we should be doing these things as an act of worship and are called to do it. But we cannot forget that He is so glorified when we find our rest, trust, hope, faith, etc in Him. By the way, I truly believe that worship cannot be an action unless its your identity. So we have to be so submerged in His word and completely satisfied just knowing who He is in us and who we are in Him.

It just make me wonder and I would like for you to wonder about this too...
Is He enough for us??? Is he ALL to us??? I started thinking about all the "things" I want out of this life.. A husband, kids, career etc... What if I don't get any of those things??? If i just have Him is that enough??? Would i be happy with just Him

Our answers are probably YES OF COURSE!!! And they should be because He is enough!! But I just want to make this a reality in my life. In the way I act, speak, think etc.

This song is pretty cool if you would like to listen to it..

1 comment:

  1. "I truly believe that worship cannot be an action unless its your identity. So we have to be so submerged in His word and completely satisfied just knowing who He is in us and who we are in Him."

    Well said, we can't do his will in our lives if we first don't know his word.

    ReplyDelete